If you have wanted to attend one of the Writing Center's Dissertation Boot Camps, but you have not been able to, please consider our one-day workshop. You'll learn about using citation software more effectively for your work. You'll learn about research resources and strategies for staying sane while writing. You'll also do some long- and short-term planning, and write for about three hours.
All participants will be eligible to participate in future Dissertation Writers' Days, which are offered monthly by the Writing Center.
Graduate students with approved proposals in any Pitt school are eligible to participate.
RSVP required | Limited Seating
See below for further details.
The Writing Center • 317B O'Hara Student Center
Saturday, Nov. 4 • 9:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m.
• 9:00 Arrive, get coffee/tea
• 9:15: Writing Center Presentation:"Getting Organized by Using Short- and Long-term Planning"
• 10:00 a.m.– noon Focused writing time
• 1:00: ULS Presentation: “Strategies for Data (File) Management, Citation Management, and Sharing Data"
• 2:00: Writing Center Presentation: "Overcoming Resistance and Staying Sane While Writing Your Dissertation"
• 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Focused writing time
• Coffee, tea, and bagels will be provided in the morning. If you prefer something different, please bring it.
• Bring laptops and writing-related materials for the dedicated writing time.
• Please bring your lunch.
• The Writing Center's heating and cooling is highly variable, so wear layers.
Sponsored by the Writing Center, the Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, and the University Library System (ULS).
RSVP required; email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wed., Nov. 1. Include your name, program and school, and expected graduation date.